"Boomer Fest" Full contact combat

Contests - Swap Meets - Picnics - Any event that is open to flyers in the Bay Area.

"Boomer Fest" Full contact combat

Postby RC Dad » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:52 pm

This is for all of you who have cought onto the new craze of full contact battle with Boomers.

What is a Boomer? A Boomer is the creation of Butch who took a wild wing from Hobby People and added a fuse and tail to it. The plane started out as a nice stable flyer made from EPP. It can be flown by beginners and advanced flyers alike by adjusting the amount of control throws. Soon as more and more friends started flying Boomers, boys will be boys and we tried to knock each other out of the sky!

Two main groups have formed. One in Dublin the other at Baylands. We have agreed to come together for one huge brawl in the sky. If you would like to join us, there is only one rule, you have to fly a wild wing in any configuration, electric motor, 2s battery, no hard surfaces (only foam, EPP or similar).

For more information on Boomers , do a search for "Boomers" on RC Groups.

Here is the event info:
Where: Dublin Elementary School (7997 Vomac Rd)
When: Saturday Sept. 20th
Time: 9am - 11am or later.

Directions:

From San Jose take HWY 680 North.

Exit at alcosta ave (1st exit after crossing HWY 580)
at stop light at end of off ramp turn left
continue to next light (san ramon vally blvd) make left at that light onto SRVB
continue to next light (Vomac Rd) Make left onto vomac and continue till you reach school on left hand side of street about .4 miles
There is a stop sign in fromt of the school drive straight throught that and look for the parking lot on the left just before the next stop sign
if you pass the parking lot make a u turn at the stop sign (street Tee's) and come back about 100 feet
Last edited by RC Dad on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RC Dad
Senior Airman

Advertisement

Postby petej » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 am

Thanks for posting this, Kevin. I'll be there, as will several other Baylands Wild Wing regulars. The skies will be filled with chunks of foam!
Up in the air...
petej

Postby d » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:08 am

9 am !! ??

Well, maybe. Might be a little late...

Dave
d
Senior Airman

Postby RC Dad » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 am

No problem Pete, I just hope I will be able to build a new V3 Boomer by the 20th!!

Oh check the top again, I added the address for those who have a GPS.

petej wrote:Thanks for posting this, Kevin. I'll be there, as will several other Baylands Wild Wing regulars. The skies will be filled with chunks of foam!
RC Dad
Senior Airman

Postby petej » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:38 am

Wow, did we ever have fun. Thanks to Kevin, Butch and the other Dublin-Livermore flyers, and to the seven stalwart Baylanders who made the trek.

We filled the sky with Boomers and Wild Wings — 10 at once — and spent the morning happily whacking each other. :P

Story and lots more photos here.

Up in the air...
petej

Postby RC Dad » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Awsome write-up and pictures Pete!! I had a great time as well. Hope we can get more new Boomer fliers at the next Boomer Fest.

We have to get a link to a video of the battle. I think Paul will be posting it in the near future. I want to see the double hit my Boomer took!

Kevin.
RC Dad
Senior Airman

Postby d » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Ten is fun, but you know I think there's room for 20 or more at once on that field... (next time I'll also bring a plane with wheels so I can practice my landings, which have gotten pretty ragged...)

Dave
d
Senior Airman

Postby RC Dad » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey Dave, was the sale of your old Boomers your way of recruiting more combatants?

I'll be at Baylands on Thursday.

Kevin.

d wrote:Ten is fun, but you know I think there's room for 20 or more at once on that field... (next time I'll also bring a plane with wheels so I can practice my landings, which have gotten pretty ragged...)

Dave
RC Dad
Senior Airman

Next

Return to Events